Welcome to AncientCraft
Please register and post in Minecraft Registration then vote for us for "Peasant" rank!
VOTE HERE: http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/ancient-craft-cracked-247-iconomy-non-hamachi-towny-pvp/

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Just some friendly advice for carofdoom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArchaneFurrior

PostSubject: Just some friendly advice for carofdoom   Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:03 am

Caro here is some advice from my experiance when i was staff.

1. If you have a long break from school and have a bunch of free time, DONT DEDICATE ALL OF IT TO THE SERVER UNLESS YOU HAVE 100% SELF CONTROLL OF YOUR CONSIOUS MIND EXPECIALY IF YOU HAVE OVERPROTECTIVE PARENTS!
If you do you might get bored, your subconsious mind will take over, and you might go overprotective and/or go corrupt with power.

2. Take small griefes lightly. I have gotten overprotective and have banned for small griefs like 1-4 blocks. a good decent sized grief size is like 6-10 blocks for a 1day to 1 week tempban. 11-15 blocks for 1 week to 2 week tempban. and 16+ may result in normal almost always lasting ban.

3. if you plan on enforcing strongly and dont want to be laid back. dont get bored and slip up and perhaps break some rules yourself. Ex: A claim from JOSHUEA234 that nathangordon007 was giving out genned diamonds.

4. Be on forums actively. alot of staff work will be done there. expeccialy for civil, elevated, staff, and extreme disputes that need a restriction but also controlled and free flowing area for people to give their oppinions and thoughts and claims and reasons without being banned or not allowed to post.

5. *THIS WAS A BIG POINT I MYSELF SKIPPED AND IT COSTED ME RELATIONS WITH PEOPLE IN THE SERVER AND MY RANK ON STAFF*
Listen. If your getting reported or complained about frequently and near the same responce or thought. dont shrug it off and think its them being bad people and giving excusses or trying to weasel themselves back in. Maybe You might be ruling too strongly *some cases its too softly* but listen to people and if its frequent try changing your look on things and try different tatics and try to find a balance between: Being An Enforcer of the rules = Being your inner "peasant" and communicate fairly with the rest of the community.

if you take my advice Expeccialy #5 i can garrentee you. and im sure as time goes on people will comment saying they agree or i might be right, or also people also garrenteeing you. That if you take it and use this advice then you will get far in the ranks. and also form a bond with the community. So you can make yourself, the community, and the server better then before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odie680
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just some friendly advice for carofdoom   Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:36 pm

ArchaneFurrior wrote:
Caro here is some advice from my experiance when i was staff.

1. If you have a long break from school and have a bunch of free time, DONT DEDICATE ALL OF IT TO THE SERVER UNLESS YOU HAVE 100% SELF CONTROLL OF YOUR CONSIOUS MIND EXPECIALY IF YOU HAVE OVERPROTECTIVE PARENTS!
If you do you might get bored, your subconsious mind will take over, and you might go overprotective and/or go corrupt with power.

2. Take small griefes lightly. I have gotten overprotective and have banned for small griefs like 1-4 blocks. a good decent sized grief size is like 6-10 blocks for a 1day to 1 week tempban. 11-15 blocks for 1 week to 2 week tempban. and 16+ may result in normal almost always lasting ban.

3. if you plan on enforcing strongly and dont want to be laid back. dont get bored and slip up and perhaps break some rules yourself. Ex: A claim from JOSHUEA234 that nathangordon007 was giving out genned diamonds.

4. Be on forums actively. alot of staff work will be done there. expeccialy for civil, elevated, staff, and extreme disputes that need a restriction but also controlled and free flowing area for people to give their oppinions and thoughts and claims and reasons without being banned or not allowed to post.

5. *THIS WAS A BIG POINT I MYSELF SKIPPED AND IT COSTED ME RELATIONS WITH PEOPLE IN THE SERVER AND MY RANK ON STAFF*
Listen. If your getting reported or complained about frequently and near the same responce or thought. dont shrug it off and think its them being bad people and giving excusses or trying to weasel themselves back in. Maybe You might be ruling too strongly *some cases its too softly* but listen to people and if its frequent try changing your look on things and try different tatics and try to find a balance between: Being An Enforcer of the rules = Being your inner "peasant" and communicate fairly with the rest of the community.

if you take my advice Expeccialy #5 i can garrentee you. and im sure as time goes on people will comment saying they agree or i might be right, or also people also garrenteeing you. That if you take it and use this advice then you will get far in the ranks. and also form a bond with the community. So you can make yourself, the community, and the server better then before.
Its spelled especially tongue And woah calm down Razz You are unbanned. Just lost your staff rank until the community wants you back
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ancientcraft.iftopic.com

Just some friendly advice for carofdoom
Page 1 of 1